Sunday, September 20, 2009

Review on "Crawl Back In"

I was browsing through the internet, when I found a german review on F.A.Z. (which is the abbreviation for "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung", one of the best-known newspapers in Germany). To be honest, I was really surprised by it and had to read it. It's from a guy's blog. Apparently, only ranting about music and culture.

And because I don't want to be alone with my wishes to hurt this someone, I translated (only the part of his blog post in which he talks about DBS) it for you :) I hope it gets through what the guy wants to say. Feel free to comment and rant. :D
I'm sorry for any mistakes, I'm sick and therefore unable to concentrate.

[...] And as we are talking about “phat bass lines” and “rich production”: Yesterday, while sitting in the car and driving, I was listening to the radio that was playing “Crawl Back In” by Dead By Sunrise, the solo-project of Linkin Park's singer. The usual angry and tattooed disenfranchised rock. Analog-cheese-music. Bluff-package-punk-rock. Not any important. But how I had to keep myself focused on the traffic and not to burst out in laughter when I heard the noticeable vocational misunderstood singer singing the following line: “I don't want to lose my innocence.” Right after that, he sang: “Won't let your lies take a piece of my soul.” Marvelous! Where did this man get such clever ideas?? Why thinking up brisky metaphors when there's these old phrases from the moldy box of rock lyrics that are still good enough. Helge Schneider's [A/N: Helge Schneider is a German singer and comedian] evergreen “I want to be free” [A/N: Original title is “Ich will frei sein”] came to my mind: “Freedom in boundaries is only dreams made of stone.” Particularly as: Who makes such stupid consesus-punk-rock has already lost their “innocence” years ago when they dyed their hair blonde. Oh, now, I talked to much. Pardon.”




Source: F.A.Z. (it's linked to the article, for Germans who want to read the original article :)

2 comments:

  1. Well...I don't know what to write...My English is not very good,and maybe I don't understand his words perfectly,but...this guy is an asshole...WTF?I wanna kick his fucknig ass.
    Sweet,please take care.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, at least now we know tha t "Crawl Back In" INDEED gets some radio airplay here in Germany. I just wonder where he heard it because I have never heard it so far. And there will always be bad reviews, so yeah, I'm sure the guys would laugh about it themselves ;) The funny thing is that one cannot even comment this guy's article. Afraid of criticism himself? *laughs*

    ReplyDelete