Wednesday, October 14, 2009

At Music for Relief with Team Shinoda and Team Phoenix

As you know we're also supporting Music for Relief so I want to post this cute message from Mike Shinoda and Phoenix.



Someone else who's "working" for Music for Relief is Mike's wife Anna... so I'll post her last Journal entry here too.

I just spent another awesome Saturday morning planting trees with TreePeople: an environmental nonprofit organization here in Los Angeles. I love gardening and occasionally volunteering with TreePeople gives me a great opportunity to get my hands dirty while adding some much needed trees all over Los Angeles County. This morning we planted 35 trees in a park in Sun Valley. The trees were planted near an field area that is used for sports. Although small now (around 6 feet tall, with skinny trunks and boney sticks as branches) eventually they will be towering with thick, leafy canopies! I love to imagine how children and adults will enjoy the shade and beauty that these trees will bring to their park.

Next Saturday, October 17th, from 9am- 1pm, Music for Relief will be teaming up with TreePeople to reforest an area of Sylmar that was devastated by the 2008 wildfires. If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like to come plant with Music for Relief, register online at http://www.treepeople.org/million-trees-la-park-planting-0

No comments:

Post a Comment